Welcome, to the awesome world of rare and collectable motorcycles. Vintage motorcycles provide an excellent platform for investment. Rare and collectable motorbikes have been increasing steadily in value over the past 10 years since we have been involved in collectable motorcycles. You know have the opportunity to have access to buying these motorcycles with MY50.com via our worldwide motorcycle auctions.
MY50 Limited acts on your behalf to bid on worldwide Japanese motorcycle auctions using agents and intermediaries. All auctions are subject to our terms and condition as well as the terms and conditions of the intermediaries, their agents and laws governed by the countries of these agents and intermediaries.
Register to bid.
Register your interest in bidding for Japanese motorcycle auctions by sending us a message from the “Contact Us Page” at www.my50.com
You can also join our Facebook page www.facebook.com/my50bike or Instagram https://www.instagram.com/my50bike/ to receive general notifications of bikes coming up for auction. We will post photos of rare and collectable motorbikes coming up for auction that we think are awesome on our website and social media platforms as per above.
How do I know what bikes I can bid on?
We will upload photos of bikes we think will be of interest to our subscribers as and when they become available on auctions (usually every week or two) you can sign up for our newsletter on www.my50.com or follow our social media platforms:
Collectors who have specific interests for their collections:
If you want to only receive bidding information on specific bikes for your collection send us an e mail to email@example.com with the specific bikes you are interested in bidding on and we can create a more personalised approach for you. By creating a specific search list with us we can make sure we only send you bikes that are of interest to you.
Bikes available for bidding
We will send out initial photos of bikes that come up that may be of interest to give you a general idea of what’s available on upcoming auctions. If you feel that you would like to really actively bid for a specific bike you can mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call / WhatsApp Brent Carpenter on +64 (0) 21 045 0918 and we will send through around 30 additional photos as well as descriptions so that you can take a more specific look at the bike you are bidding on.
Before you bid you need to know
- Buyers must ensure the Auction number and the Bidding price are correct.
MY50 Limited will not take any responsibility for errors made by the Buyer with the Auction Number or Bidding Price.
- All Bids are FOB unless otherwise previously agreed between MY50 Limited & the Buyer.
- All Vehicles or Bikes purchased through the MY50 World Auction system are on a “AS IS” basis. This is important to note! Although MY50 and its agents try our best to describe, catalogue and photograph bikes the final decision is yours.
- MY50 Limited, agents and intermediaries will not accept any Claims due to Bikes bought not being in the condition expected.
- Claims will NOT be accepted for
- Bikes that are Ranked 0, or 1, 2,3,4,5,6 or NOT Ranked.
- All Claims for any product bought through MY50 Limited must be made within 7 calendar Day following Date of Purchase.
- Any Claims for any product bought through MY50 Limited regarding packing or damage occurring in a container must be made within 7 calendar Days following Date of unloading.
- If requested by the Buyer, MY50 Limited will inspect the Vehicle or Bike and give the Buyer feedback/Advise prior to bidding on the Vehicle or Bike.
- If more than one Bid is received for the same Unit and that Unit is purchased the Unit will go to the Highest Bidder.
- MY50 Limited will try to keep BUYER informed of current BIDs on the Bike.
- All BIDS are final unless the BUYER alters the BID with MY50 Limited Prior to BIDDING. This can only be done 48 hours before the start of the auction. (NB** auction times are based on the local time of the country in which the auction is taking place)
- In the event that for whatever reason the BUYER wishes to cancel the Purchase of the Unit after MY50 Limited has bought the Unit, a request to MY50 Limited must be received within 1 week of Purchase and the Buyer will be responsible to pay a cancellation fee of 50% for each Bike or parts, plus any losses incurred on the resale of the unit. please contact MY50 Limited for Details of the Current Cancellation Fees.
- Customer bought Bikes or Vehicles are subject to a Foreign Storage charge on a per unit per week basis. Based in the currency of the country in which the auction took place.
Please contact MY50 Limited regarding the current Storage charges.
- All prices are in Japanese YEN / USD /NZD /AUD or currency related to the country of origin for the storage.
All bikes that go to auction will have a ranking, to help you gauge the overall condition of the vehicle. MY50 Limited Ranks are slightly Different to Live Auction Ranks. Our ranks are more value orientated than most auctions. For example some Live Auctions rank aftermarket Parts Down, but MY50 Limited will give a good rank for good quality and this may include aftermarket parts. If you want totally original bikes you need to be aware of this when bidding and looking at photos. If you are unsure ASK!
Rank 6 to 10
Mint. New Bike or Near New Condition – Never Used and probably not started. May Still be in the Crate, may have VERY low mileage. No noticeable Scratches.
Used Bike is Very nice tidy and clean condition. May have very light scratches if any and average mileage. Requires no repairs.
Light Damage overall a clean bike.
A Used bike in average condition for the type of model it is. No missing parts and ridable. Damage is limited: Scuffs, cracks, small dents, etc. Comments are made on these points.
The bike requires repairs or replacement of parts to make it complete and ridable. Will comment on major problems only.
May be rusty, requiring restoration of major parts. May be missing some parts, but structurally OK.
This Rank is for crashed or suspected Crashed Bikes. NO Claims – MY50 Limited will check the Bikes as best as we can and advise on Frames and other parts of the Bike.
Packing Your Bike
Your bike arrives at the depot. Packing staff prepare the Bike by removing, wrapping and cataloguing parts that may be damaged, or may damage other units in the container. The Parts removed are carefully wrapped and labelled for your ease when unloading and assembling the motorcycles.
On packing day Bikes are covered with Blankets or thick Japanese Futons and are loaded into the container one by one. The Bikes are fixed to the floor by their stands and wheels are stopped using blocks nailed to the floor. A floor is built and then bikes are loaded on this floor. To protect bikes further sometimes Bubble wrap is used to cover the panels.
Out of our control
Unless MY50 Limited or its agents and intermediaries uses a different method of packing, which will greatly affect the value of using a container, MY50 Limited cannot guarantee any packing when the container has been moved by rail over any distance. We strongly recommend that wherever possible you arrange your shipping route to be able to use trucking instead of rail. The Shunting movement of trains causes a lot of damage and is very hard to protect Bikes in a container against this kind of movement.
Understand the risks involved in moving vehicles, this risk belongs to you. MY50 Limited and all associated partners will do our best to ensure safe storage, movement and unpacking of your bike but the risk is your responsibility. If the bike you have bid on and won is of very high value we suggest talking to your private insurance company with regards to the type of insurance they can provide to mitigate these risks.
MY50 Limited does not offer any insurance and will not be held responsible for any damages caused what so ever during the transportation part of the purchase regardless of the situation.
Motorcycles are moved by our agents staff and are stored in a secure, clean and dry warehouse until they are packed and shipped to your country.
FOB means “Free On Board”. This is where all the costs on the country of origin are paid for. Any other charges like customs and transport on your side are not paid for when you purchase the bike. Please note customs, port and biodiversity charges vary from country to country and may fluctuate without prior notice. You will be responsible for these charges.
As far as possible MY50 Limited will inform you of the expected charges but can not be held responsible for any fluctuations in pricing or additional costs that may incur due to unforeseen circumstances.
For all bikes sent in containers our agents will dismantle expensive parts or parts that pose a threat to other bikes while in transit. E.G, Indicators, mufflers, foot rests and mirrors. We also wrap all parts that are pulled off the bike in bubble wrap and label each one with the packing number for that bike. Bikes are then wrapped with thick blankets and held in position in the container by wood. MY50 Limited agents and intermediaries will pack two floors in the containers. This increases the amount of bikes you can export in each
container. MY50 Limited takes pride in the partners we choose and trust them to pack our containers in the best way possible. We feel that you will not find a better company for packing your bikes anywhere in the world.
We do not charge for you to bid on any motorbikes there are only charges for successful bids!
You can bid on as many motorbikes as you wish. However we do have to hold a security on the bikes you bid on, to ensure that we will receive payment should the bid be successful. EG if you want to bid on a bike for $3000 we need to have the $3000 in our holding account 48 hours before bidding. Some of our bidders like to leave a float in the account so they can make last minute bids. This is up to you.
Full payment for the bidding amount in New Zealand Dollars ($) and needs to be paid to our New Zealand Bank account before we can bid on your behalf. Should your bid be successful this money will go towards the cost of the bike. You will then also be liable for the payment of the additional costs plus admin fee.
For successful bids there is a standard MY50 admin fee of $250 or 5% of the cost of your bid or total bids per auction up to a maximum of $500. (Whichever is greater) Admin fees are charged per auction date. I.E If you bid on 1 bike in a specific auction or 10 bikes in the same auction the admin fee is the same to a maximum of $500.
Admin fees are only charged on successful bids so feel to free to bid on as many bikes as you like.
Discounts can be negotiated with frequent bidders. If you are using our portal on a regular basis we appreciate your custom and would be happy to set out rates that suit the frequency of your purchases.
Transport, Shipping and GST
Additional costs can be expected depending on your country of landing. Cost vary from country to country. This is to give you a general idea. Please note as per above your will be responsible for these charges and they must be factored into the price you are willing to pay for a bike.
- Purchase price of your bike: I.E The amount you bid for the bike
- Border Check Yen 4000 – Border clearance
- Biosecurity Yen 2000 – Biosecurity measure for entering your countries borders
- GST – General Sales Tax for your country
- Shipping and Ports Charges – $360 plus GST
- Local transport – $100 – $350 depending where you are located from the landing port.
- Local storage – should you not be able to collect your bike we can store it on your behalf. Costs to be discussed on a case by case basis.
Other potential charges in countries with biodiversity laws may include:
No payments will be refunded unless:
- Your bid is unsuccessful – I.E you do not make the highest bid
- You cancel your bid 48 hours before the start of the auction as set out above.
All additional payments as set out above will need to be settled before your bike/ s can be collected. No bikes will be handed over until full payment of all costs is received.
NB** Should MY50 not receive the balance of costs within 30 days of landing MY50 reserves the right to sell the bike at any sale price to recover these additional costs. Cost to be covered will include but not be limited to:
- Marketing the sale of the bike
No further claims or disputes will be entered into.
All monies for unsuccessful bids or bids cancelled before the 48 hour cut off, will be refunded within 7 working days for unsuccessful bids or can be left in our account for future bids.
All refunds will incur an admin fee of $25.00 (this fee will be waived for consistent clients who have made 5 or more bids)
Registration of bikes in your country
Bikes will come with a certificate of purchase which can be used to register your bike for road use in your country. Please note these laws vary from country to country and you should understand the restrictions and costs in your country to register your bike before you bid should you want it to be road legal.
Some bikes will require certification depending on the laws in your country. MY50 Limited will not be held responsible if you cannot register the vehicle for road use due to specific laws relevant to your country. This is your responsibility to understand before bidding.
Should any disputes arise, MY50 Limited is a New Zealand Registered company and will be settled under New Zealand Law.
+64 21 0450918
MY50 Limited, its directors and employees pride themselves as providing excellent service, open and honest business practices. New Zealand is rated number 1 in the world for safest country to do business and we stand by these morels and ethics. We will only trade with business and individuals who display these same business ethics.