The Honda Dax ST50/70 and CT50/70: An Iconic Classic Mini Bike
If you’re a motorcycle enthusiast or just someone who appreciates unique and stylish rides, you’ve probably heard of the Honda Dax ST50 / 70 also known as a Honda CT50 /70. This iconic mini bike holds a special place in the hearts of many riders, and in this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at its history, variations, and technical specifications.
A Brief History of the Honda Dax ST50/70
The Honda Dax ST50, also known as the Honda ST50, was first introduced in 1969. During this era, mini bikes were gaining popularity for their practicality and compact design. Honda saw an opportunity to create a fun and versatile ride that could be easily handled by both young and adult riders. The result was the Honda Dax ST50, a mini bike that captured the hearts of many.
Over the years, Honda continued to refine and improve the Dax ST50, releasing different variations to cater to the changing demands of riders. The bike’s timeless design and reliability have stood the test of time, making it a sought-after collectible among vintage motorcycle enthusiasts.
Variations and Model Years
The Honda Dax ST50 has undergone several model revisions throughout its production history. Here are some of the notable model years and the variations between them, if any:
- First Generation (1969-1977): The original Dax ST50 featured a sturdy frame, a compact 50cc engine, and unique styling. It quickly became a hit due to its fun ride and practicality.
- Second Generation (1978-1981): Honda introduced some updates to the Dax ST50, including a new fuel tank design and improved suspension, enhancing the bike’s overall comfort and appeal.
- Third Generation (1982-1984): In this iteration, the Dax ST50 received further design improvements, including a sleeker look and more advanced features for its time.
- Fourth Generation (1985-present): The Dax ST50 received periodic updates and improvements to meet modern safety and emission standards. However, Honda managed to maintain the bike’s classic charm and character.
Though the Honda Dax ST50 is a mini bike, it boasts impressive technical specifications that make it a joy to ride. Here are some of the key specs:
- Engine: 49cc single-cylinder, air-cooled, four-stroke engine
- Transmission: 3-speed semi-automatic gearbox
- Fuel Capacity: Approximately 3 liters (0.79 gallons)
- Suspension: Telescopic front forks and dual shock rear suspension
- Brakes: Drum brakes on both front and rear wheels
- Weight: Around 75 kg (165 lbs)
- Maximum Speed: Approximately 40-45 km/h (25-28 mph)
Finding Parts for Your Honda Dax ST50
If you own a Honda Dax ST50 and are looking for genuine parts to keep it running smoothly, you can get in contact with www.my50.com. It’s essential to use authentic parts to ensure the longevity and performance of your classic mini bike.
Professional Servicing and DIY Workshop Manual
Regular servicing is crucial for maintaining your Honda Dax ST50 in top-notch condition. For professional servicing options, you can rely on www.my50.com. They have experienced technicians who understand the intricacies of this beloved mini bike.
If you prefer a hands-on approach and want to service the bike yourself, you’re in luck! MY50 offers a free downloadable workshop manual for the Honda Dax ST50. You can access it here. This manual will guide you through the maintenance procedures, ensuring you can keep your Dax ST50 in tip-top shape.
The Honda Dax ST50 is more than just a mini bike; it’s a symbol of timeless design and joyful riding. With its rich history, various model years, and enduring appeal, it continues to captivate the hearts of motorcycle enthusiasts worldwide. Whether you’re a collector, a vintage bike lover, or a first-time rider, the Honda Dax ST50 is a true classic that brings joy to every journey.
FREE Motorcycle Manuals
Download FREE Motorcycle Workshop Manuals for Mopeds, Scooters, and Motorcycles.
FREE motorcycle workshop manuals. Looking for comprehensive resources to enhance your motorcycle experience? Look no further! At www.my50.com, we offer free downloadable parts and workshop manuals tailored to the needs of many small CC motorbikes. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, just let us know – we’ll be happy to source it for you.