Laura Robinson's achievement
Collect at least 100 quotes that inspire me. 100/100
No description saved
1) \"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value\" Albert Einstein
2) \"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much.\" Oscar Wilde
3) \"freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes\" Ghandi
4) \"An eye for and eye makes the whole world blind\" Ghandi
5) \"Be true to your work, your word and your friend\" Thoreau
6) \"life is a foreign language, all men mispronounce\" Christopher Morley
7) \"the supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone makes it out alive.\"
8) Love is everything its cracked up to be...it really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.\"
9) I pay very little regard to what any young person says on the subject of marriage- if they profess a disinclination for it, i only set it down that they have not yet seen the right person\" Mansfield Park, Jane Austen
10) \"There is only one success- to be able to spend your life your own way.\" Christopher Morley.
11) Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
12) First say to yourself what you would be;
and then do what you have to do.
13) Fall seven times, stand up eight. Japanese proverb
14) Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau
15) The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
16) The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
17) A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
18) Winning isn\'t everything, but wanting to win is.
19) Failures do what is tension relieving,
while winners do what is goal achieving.
20) Ah, but a man\'s reach should exceed his grasp,
or what\'s a heaven for?
21) \"Compassion is not weakness, and concern for the unfortunate is not socialism.\" (Hubert H Humphrey,
22) \"Don\'t hurry, don\'t worry. You\'re only here for a short visit. So be sure to stop and smell the flowers.\" (Walter C Hagen,
23) \"Carpe Diem\" (\'Seize the day\', Horace, 65-8BC
24) \"Aut Viam Invenium Aut Facium\" (\'Where there\'s a will there\'s a way\'
25) \"While you teach, you learn.\" (Based on the words of Seneca The Younger, 4BC-AD65,
26) \"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.\" (Leo Rosten
27) \"I forget what I was taught, I only remember what I\'ve learnt.\" (Patrick White
28) \"In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.\" (Anne Frank
29) \"Once the last tree is cut and the last river poisoned, you will find you cannot eat your money.\" (Traditional saying, referenced by Joyce McLean
30) \"We must become the change we want to see.\" (Mahatma Gandhi,
31)Imagination is more important than knowledge.
32)Hope is the dream of a man awake.
33) Believe that you have it, and you have it.
34) Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
Louisa May Alcott
35) Collect as precious pearls the words of the wise and virtuous.
36)If we do not plant knowledge when young, it will give us no shade when we are old.
37) Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.
38) Heed the still small voice that so seldom leads us wrong, and never into folly.
Marquise du Deffand
39) Energy and persistence conquer all things.
40) If we all did the things we are capable of,
we would astound ourselves.
41) Arguing with a fool makes two.
42) The best minds of my generation have been destroyed by madness (Allen Ginsberg)
43) When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.
44)There is only one person who could ever make you happy, and that person is you.
45) Men spend their lives in anticipations,—in determining to be vastly happy at some period when they have time. But the present time has one advantage over every other—it is our own. Past opportunities are gone, future have not come. We may lay in a stock of pleasures, as we would lay in a stock of wine; but if we defer the tasting of them too long, we shall find that both are soured by age.
Charles Caleb Colton
46)There is only one way to happiness, and that is to cease worrying things which are beyond the power of our will.
47) Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
48)he thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
Frank Loyd Wright
49)I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is:
Try to please everybody.
Herbert Bayard Swope
50)impatience never commanded success.
Edwin H. Chapin
51) To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first.
52) The great and glorious masterpiece of
man is to know how to live to purpose.
Michel de Montaigne
53) The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
54) Years teach us more than books.
55) The more a man knows, the more he forgives.
Catherine the Great
56) Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.
57) Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
58) After the game,
the king and the pawn go into the same box.
59) The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live.
60) As I grow to understand life less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
61) “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” John Rohn
62) “Today is a most unusual day, because we have never lived it before; we will never live it again; it is the only day we have. William Arthur Ward.
63) “I feel a very unusual sensation - if it\'s not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude” Benjamin Disraeli
64) Experience is the best teacher, but a fool will learn from no other.” Benjamin Franklin.
65) “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell, where his influence stops.” Henry Brooks Adams
66) “If you can read this, thank a teacher.”
67) “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pine
68) “A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.”
69) “A book is a gift you can open again and again.”
70) “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don\'t matter and those who matter don\'t mind.” Dr. Seuss.
71) It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens
72) No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. ~Proverb
73) Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day. ~W. Earl Hall
74) The tassel\'s worth the hassle! ~Author Unknown
75) All that stands between the graduate and the top of the ladder is the ladder. ~Author Unknown
76) The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. ~Aristotle
77) Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it. ~Author Unknown
78) Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty. ~Frank Herbert, Dune Chronicles.
79) A day is Eternity\'s seed, and we are its Gardeners. ~Erika Harris
80) Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt
81) don\'t care how poor a man is; if he has family, he\'s rich. ~Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford, \"Identity Crisis,\" M*A*S*H
82) Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown
83) The thing about family disasters is that you never have to wait long before the next one puts the previous one into perspective. ~Robert Brault
84) A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold. ~Ogden Nash
85) The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another\'s desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck
86) An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship. ~Spanish Proverb
87) Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. ~Jane Howard
88) Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted. ~Paul Pearshall
89) The family - that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to. ~Dodie Smith
90) The great gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you. ~Kendall Hailey
91) It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, \"Always do what you are afraid to do.\"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
92) If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
St. Clement of Alexandra
93) We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
94) The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke
95) We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.
96) Experience is the child of thought, and thought is the child of action.
97) The best way out is always through.
98) Fortune favors the brave.
99) Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
100) For hope is but the dream
of those that wake.
|Date goal set:
||18th Aug 2007
||11th Mar 2011
|Time taken to achieve:
||3 years and 7 months
Would you like to add a link to Laura to your list of
family and friends on My50? Or maybe to your list of favourite lists? If so, choose an
option below and we'll email her to check
if it's ok to add the link.